What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a communication such as a survey or e-mail, subscribe to our newsletter, contact us, or use a form feature of this website.
- When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit and browse our site anonymously.
- In addition, we collect information about designated ship-to and gift recipients so we can complete your order. The package they receive from us on your behalf may contain some branded or promotional materials. However, information about these recipients will never be used for any future marketing purposes. See how we protect your child’s personal information.
- Like many other websites, “cookies” are used to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors to our website. Please see our “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for more information.
What do we use your information for?
We may use information we collect from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a communication such as a survey or e-mail, subscribe to our newsletter, contact us, or use a form feature of this website. Your information may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information allows us to present to you products and features that most interest you.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our customers
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests
- To process transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order. If you have opted-in, you may also receive occasional company newsletters, updates, related product offerings, etc. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. Your sensitive information including any credit card information you use for your purchase on our website is collected on a secure server and is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encrypted before it is sent to our payment processing gateway. You information is accessible only by those who are authorized with special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
We also use Google Analytics to collect cookie-based anonymous data from our website visitors. Anonymous information collected by Google Analytics is used in aggregate to help us better understand how visitors use our website and improve our product offering and services.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders by telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party links for products or services on our website. These third party sites are carefully screened to ensure that their content is appropriate for all ages and fulfills our company mission, “to make the world a better place, one smile at a time.” However, these sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore cannot be responsible or liable for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site, and we periodically check linked sites to ensure that their content remains appropriate. We welcome your feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into 'My Account.'
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personally identifiable information from children younger than 13 years old. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has created an account on our site, we will delete the information from our databases and not use it for any purpose. You can read more about COPPA at http://www.coppa.org.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.